Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Let's Play!

Now that I have kids, I have grown a real love for knitted toys.  It is quick, a great stash buster, and makes a kid (or kid at heart smile).  I have made a few toys for my kids, and I plan on many more.  I have included pictures and links to a few of my favorite.  If you type in "toys" on Ravelry when you are searching for patterns, the choices are endless.

I absolutely LOVE Danger Crafts' monsters by Rebecca Danger.  This is Daphne and Delilah.  She has a few free patterns, many single patterns for purchase, and a new book.  http://www.ravelry.com/designers/rebecca-danger



I also LOVE anything by Susan B. Andersen, who wrote the "Itty Bitty Toys" "Itty Bitty Hats" "Itty Bitty Nursery" and most recently "Spud and Chloe's at the Farm."  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/spud--chloe-at-the-farm


Here are some more cute toys from her that are on my list.



There is a tennis ball in this frog.  Ingenious!



What kid wouldn't love these puppies.

The toys that I will be starting next are from a small independent publisher in Colorado.  It is a husband and wife team.  He does the illustrations, and she writes the stories...and the patterns.  Yes, there are patterns for the toys and clothes in the stories.  This is such a fabulous concept because it connects my knitting to my children.  These books are available through Etsy and they will ship internationally.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/slatefallsknits?ref=seller_info

Freddie's Blanket

Phoebe's Sweater

There are just so many toys to knit.  If you have some stash to bust, and need some practice with double pointed needles, check them out.  I even learned how to use the Magic Loop method from Danger Crafts.

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment